Bedding and Window Treatments:
- It is best to bring your bedding in a clear bedding bag, like the bedding was purchased in. This allows the shoppers to easily see the bedding without needing to take it out. It also keeps smaller items like pillowcases and bedskirts with the bedding.
- If you do not have a bedding bag, an alternative that we highly recommend are the new XL and XXL sized ZipLoc bags. They come 3-4 to a box and you can get them at Wal-Mart.
- Neat stacks of bedding can also be bundled together with yarn or ribbons tied in both directions (like a present). Make sure the tag lists all items that are included.
- Window treatments may be folded or hung on a hanger. A photo of them hanging on the window is helpful.
Toys, books, videos, and decor items:
- Make sure all the pieces of the item are present and fastened together. A ZipLoc baggie works well to gather all little pieces and then tape to the main item. Just make sure you don't tape over the barcode.e, ZipLoc bags, clear plastic containers, etc., but please make sure that all the items are secure. Attach the tag securely, taking care that tape is NOT over the barcode. If the item requires batteries, we will check to make sure everything is working at Check-In. If you're including the batteries for sale, price accordingly.
- Books, videos, and small items can be placed in ZipLoc bags. The bag's contents should be thoroughly described on the tag.
How to Place Barcoded Tags on Your Items
To the left is a sample of the tags that you will be printing for your items (6 tags will print to a page). It displays the Consignor Number, the price, and the Item Number. In the center of the tag is the Item Description. Then the size and category of the item is indicated on the left and the 'Donate' and 'Discount' indicators are on the right. 'Donate' indicates the item is to be donated if it doesn't sell. The absence of 'Donate' means the item will not be donated. 'Discount' indicates the item will be discounted at the Half-Price Sale. The absence of 'Discount' indicates the item will not be discounted. The letter on the bottom to the right of the barcode is used by Upscale Kids Sale for sorting. When inputting your items for sale, you will have these options. Go to Item Entry and Tag Printing.
Entering and Tagging Items